Date Added: 3 September 2019
: 22 September 2019
Job Title: Policy Analyst
Working For: Alzheimer's Research UK
Salary: Circa £28,000 per annum
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Policy Analyst with knowledge and experience of policy development, consultation, research and analysis. Our dedicated policy team works closely with government, key stakeholders and politicians to shape and influence policy on dementia research and access to future treatments.
Main tasks of role:
- Undertake comprehensive analysis and interpretation of relevant resources to position Alzheimer’s Research UK as a thought leader and enable us to effect positive change.
- Co-ordinate and manage assigned projects within the policy team, gathering and analysing evidence and insight, developing stakeholder relationships and creating appropriate outputs. This may include undertaking or commissioning qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Contribute to a range of submissions to government departments and their agencies, parliamentary committees, and other UK and international organisations as appropriate.
- To help develop and roll-out campaign and project ideas with key audiences that deliver against ARUK policy objectives.
- To attend external working groups and help develop partnerships beneficial to ARUK.
- Support the work of Public Affairs colleagues to strengthen existing and emerging relationships with political and other parliamentary stakeholders.
We are looking for:
- Experience of working within a comparable policy position
- Sound knowledge of the policy processes in the UK
- Educated to degree level or equivalent level of experience
- An analytical and evidence-based approach
- Excellent personal communication skills, with the ability to communicate and engage with people at all levels, in a range of settings
- Ability to write professionally, with the skills to adapt communications for different audiences
- Experience of managing multiple projects
Location: Granta Park, near Cambridge.
Please note that the official job title for the successful candidate will be Policy Advisor.
Closing Date: 22 September 2019
Interviews are likely to be held on the 3rd October 2019.
To view further details about this role and to apply visit; https://www.alzheimersresearchuk.org/about-us/work-for-us/jobs/