Date Added: 3 September 2019
: 11 September 2019
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Jo Swinson MP (East Dunbartonshire)
Location: Bishopbriggs, East Dunbartonshire
An organised, highly efficient individual with excellent written communication skills is sought for the role of Caseworker to Jo Swinson MP.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent written English skills
- Be able to produce a high volume of accurate letter drafts under time pressure
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Be competent in use of IT including social media platforms
- Be a strong communicator and able to empathise with others
- Drafting correspondence on a variety of subjects through research
- Dealing with daily queries from members of the public by phone or in person, and taking the appropriate initial action to resolve, document or escalate their concerns or enquiries
- Providing advice and support to constituents on a variety of issues, through liaison with Government agencies, the local Council and others
- Keeping accurate records in line with Data Protection principles
- Undertaking general administrative/secretarial tasks
- Support constituency social media and local press releases
- Occasionally undertaking constituency surgeries and other meetings on behalf of the MP
- Some evening work may be required in exchange for time off in lieu
The role is temporary until 31st March 2020 with opportunity for the role to become permanent. The role is advertised as full time, although part-time and flexible working would also be considered. The position will be based within a lively and dynamic team in Jo's constituency office in Bishopbriggs, a short train journey from Glasgow city centre.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 11 September 2019
The deadline for applications is midnight on the closing date.
Interviews will be held week commencing 16th September 2019 and applicants will be expected to complete a task prior to being interviewed.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for this position addressed to Jo Swinson MP, East Dunbartonshire, 44C Huntershill Village, Bishopbriggs, G64 1RP, for the attention of Arlene Campbell, Office Manager at Arlene.Campbell@parliament.uk