Date Added: 3 September 2019
: 17 September 2019
Job Title: Temporary Part Time Caseworker
Working For: Marie Rimmer CBE MP (St Helens South and Whiston)
Location: St Helens
Salary: £7,860-£10,000 (15 Hrs per week Monday and Wednesday)
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Marie Rimmer CBE, MP's (St Helens South & Whiston) constituency office; this important role will assist in providing a high level of service to Marie’s constituents and play a crucial role in supporting with constituency casework. Candidates do not require prior experience of working for a Member of Parliament, but should have experience of working in a customer focussed role and/or dealing with the public.
A good standard of written and spoken English and a professional telephone manner are essential. A driving licence is also desirable
The hours of work are 15 per week Monday and Wednesday.
Duties will include:
- Dealing with correspondence, telephone enquiries and emails and providing timely responses
- Research and act upon relevant information in order to progress and resolve constituents' cases
- Ensure information is entered, progressed and maintained within the Caseworker database system
- Ensure that all information is treated in a sensitive and confidential maneer and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations
- Organise and participate in meeting of constituents and other appropriate organisations
Skills required will include:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to learn and advise on issues concerning, Housing, Welfare Beneifts and Local Authority matters
- Good knowledge of office based IT systems
- Able to work individually and as part of a team
- Ability to gain awareness of the activities of an MP's office
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within a sensitive and public facing role
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 September 2019
Interviews will be held very soon after the closing date and an early start date is desirable.
Applicants should send a covering letter and a CV to email@example.com
For an informal discussion please call Brendan Farrell 01744 752075
4th September 2019 - The email address for applications has been corrected from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com