Date Added: 4 September 2019
: 18 September 2019
Job Title: Constituency Engagement and Communications Officer
Working For: Marie Rimmer CBE MP (St Helens South and Whiston)
Location: St Helens
Marie Rimmer CBE, MP is seeking to appoint to the above role in the Constituency Office located in St Helens Town Centre.
The objective of the role is to develop engagement and communication strategies and initiatives between Marie and all stakeholders within the constituency.
A driving licence is required as the successful candidate will travel within the constituency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To promote and communicate constituency and parliamentary activities.
- To develop engagement initiatives within the constituency.
- To identify opportunities for the MP to contribute to and to ensure interaction with all stakeholders within the constituency.
- To anticipate local issues and problems that the MP can contribute to and offer solutions to.
- To raise appropriate issues with the MPs Parliamentary office in Westminste.
- To plan and promote activities, events and campaigns to benefit the local community.
- To generate statistical data on the constituency and use this data to assist the activities of colleagues in the constituency and Westminster offices.
- To develop effective and robust communications strategies within the constituency.
- To contribute to and participate in the activities of colleagues in the MP's constituency and Westminster offices
- To prepare briefings and solutions for the MP on relevant issues in the constituenc.
- To assist the contituency office team with constituents' problems and issues.
- To develop relationships with all stakeholders within the constituency.
Specific Skills Required:
- Experience of organisating local events and campaigns
- An awareness of the sensitivities of working within a political environment
- An ability to empathathise with members of the community.
- Abiltiy to both operate alone and to contribute as part of a team.
- The confidence to engage with senior officals within public and private sector organisations.
- An understanding of modern communication and engagement techniques
- An understanding of contemporary local and national issues.
- Sound IT skills including office based systems and Social Media techniques.
- Abilty to analyse problematic issues and to contribute to solutions.
- Should be sympathetic to the values and beliefs of the Labour Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 18 September 2019
All applications must be received by 4pm on the closing date.
Interviews will take place very shortly after the closing date and a commencement date is desirable as soon as possible afterwards.
Applications should consist of a one page covering letter and a comprehensive CV.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal discussion please contact Brendan Farrell on 01744 752075