Date Added: 4 September 2019
: 20 September 2019
Job Title: Communication and Events Manager
Working For: The British Foreign Policy Group (BFPG)
Salary: Circa £35,000 per annum
The British Foreign Policy Group (BFPG) is an independent think tank, which seeks to promote understanding and engagement with the UK’s foreign policy, and international affairs more generally. With the conversation around our role in the world more important now than ever, we are now beginning a new phase of expansion – focusing on political engagement, facilitating public debate, strengthening international networks, and producing robust research.
To help us to achieve this, we are now recruiting for a Communications and Events Manager – a dynamic, motivated individual who can work to build our profile, our stakeholders, and our impact.
- Managing BFPG’s press and communications activities from end-to-end, including press outreach and enquiries, research launches, keynote speeches, and ad hoc comment;
- Overseeing the organisation’s social media content and growth, and building its networks and databases;
- Developing comprehensive launch strategies around research outputs, and working with internal and external partners to deliver these;
- Working closely with the Director to produce and implement strategies for growth in organisational reach and influence;
- Leading the organisation’s calendar of public events and private workshops, including liaising with collaborative partners and external suppliers, managing budgets, and overseeing promotion and guest attendance; and
- Managing interns and other support staff, who will assist with the administrative responsibilities of this position.
- An enthusiastic self-starter, who enjoys meeting new people and making connections;
- A creative thinker, who grasps media logic and enjoys communicating research;
- Equally adept at working independently and making sound judgements, as well as being a communicative and collaborative team player;
- Experience in media relations, including preparing press releases, managing press contacts and lists, and collating and analysing coverage;
- Diligent, hard-working and flexible – prepared to work atypical hours around media requirements and to travel regionally and internationally if required; and
- Knowledge of British politics, the think tank landscape, and foreign affairs are highly desirable but not critical.
Closing Date: 20 September 2019
Interviews to be held shortly after the closing date, with appointment as soon as possible afterwards.
Please see our website for more information: https://bfpg.co.uk/2019/09/job-opportunity-communications-events-manager/
To apply for this position, please submit a CV of no more than two pages, along with a one-page covering letter outlining why your skills, experience and ambitions make you a suitable candidate for this role, to: firstname.lastname@example.org