Date Added: 5 September 2019
: 1 October 2019
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Assistant
Working For: Anti Trafficking and Labour Exploitation Unit (ATLEU)
Salary: £22,000 per annum pro rata
This is an exciting opportunity to join the award winning human rights charity the Anti Trafficking and Labour Exploitation Unit (ATLEU).
Job Term: Permanent
Hours: Full Time (Part Time 4 days per week also considered)
To provide ATLEU with effective financial, office, personnel and technical administrative operations and to provide the legal team with administrative support.
The role is line managed by the Head of Operations and works closely with the Head of Legal Practice and the Director.
The following is an illustrative but not exclusive list of the primary duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Process payment requests, petty cash requests and invoices
- Identify and follow up debtors
- Bookkeep the office and client accounts
- Process and check quarterly VAT return
- Prepare work in progress reports
- Assist with preparation of monthly management, year-end accounts and audit process
2. Human Resources
- Process monthly payroll and leave requests
- Maintain personnel records and accurate leave and sick records
- Assist with the recruitment of new staff and volunteers and their induction
- Prepare weekly volunteer rota and assist with the coordination of volunteers
3. Office, IT and Premises
- Support the day to day effective operation of the charity ensuring equipment is fully functional, including printers, photocopiers, phones and IT systems.
4. Information Management
- Filing, scanning and helping to maintain accurate and well organised records
- Process files for archive and arrange for storage/collection of files from archive
5. Legal Practice
Provide administrative and billing support to the legal team:
- Booking client appointments, interpreters, experts, arranging travel and reimbursing expenses
6. Monitoring and evaluation
- Assist with setting up projects, monitoring progress and reporting to funders
- Provide administrative assistance to facilitate for ATLEU’s meetings, events and training
- To support and adhere to ATLEU’s equal opportunities policy and to always act in an ethical manner that upholds the good reputation of ATLEU.
Closing Date: 1 October 2019
The deadline for applications is 9:00am on the closing date. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Interviews will be held during the week of 7 October 2019.
Please obtain full application pack from the job advertised on the website: