Date Added: 5 September 2019
: 29 September 2019
Job Title: Policy & External Affairs Executive
Working For: ARCO
Salary: £35,000-£40,000 per annum
An ageing population. The housing crisis. Our health and social care systems under intense pressure. We work hard to solve all of these issues – at the same time.
Our vision is for all older people to have the option to live in high quality Retirement Communities in their later years. Retirement Communities maintain independence, foster friendships and ease loneliness – they create positive outcomes for older people and their families. They also provide a benefit to our public services, free up housing for all generations, and make a huge contribution to our health and social care economy.
We have a huge opportunity to shape the policy landscape for one of the fastest growing and most exciting sectors in the UK. We need someone who will join our ambitious policy team as a policy and Government relations expert, capable of building the case for reform, developing a compelling body of evidence and persuading key decision makers to adopt our proposals to help improve the lives of hundreds of thousands of people.
We need someone with:
- Strong stakeholder engagement experience – having liaised and built relationships with both internal and external senior stakeholders
- An outstanding ability to produce research and policy reports, responses and briefings
- An ability to communicate effectively in support of this
Purpose of the role
To play a big role in helping to improve the policy environment for the Retirement Community sector – so that our members can grow and provide good quality housing and care to hundreds of thousands more people. To help ARCO develop our political and policy relationships, impact and influence, and to help ARCO deliver on its objectives, including some support for our media and social media work and wider communications.
Benefits of the role
This role will give you the opportunity to meet and influence senior political and policy decision makers. It will give you the opportunity to take on significant levels of responsibility and to get far more exposure than would normally be associated with a role at this level. In addition you will get:
- 25 holiday days per year, excluding bank holidays and other times the office may be closed
- Some flexibility for home working and reasonable adjustments to working hours
- Employer pension contributions
- Opportunities for training and personal development
Closing Date: 29 September 2019
The deadline for receipt of applications is midnight on the closing date.
Initial phone interviews will commence the following week. Successful candidates will then be asked to complete online assessments and invited to interview in early October.
Our preference is for the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.
Please see https://www.arcouk.org/vacancies for the job pack and further information.
Please apply with the following:
- A concise and precise covering letter detailing why you are interested in this position and clearly explaining how you meet the person specification.
- A short CV (maximum of 2 pages), which should clearly outline any relevant experience to date.
Please send your application to email@example.com