Date Added: 6 September 2019
: 30 September 2019
Job Title: Editorial Assistant
Working For: Mace Media
Mace Media is a new political magazine and intelligence platform that aims to be a bridge between Westminster and the City. We’re a dynamic operation looking to grow quickly and create a loyal client base. Our business is wide-ranging and the successful candidate would need to think in terms of online, print, books, TV, awards, events and advisory services: we need someone with strong organisational skills to work across the business, responding to clients, freelance writers, and managing important data. This role will provide an opportunity for the successful candidate to work closely with our senior team in forging goals across the business.
It’s a great opportunity to shape the future of an exciting platform – and to meet some great people as well. It also has the possibility of growth into a more senior role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Being the hub of the editorial room, helping to solicit commissions, helping
- to find well-known names for the magazine;
- Liaising with our sales team, and handling commercial paperwork
- Supporting us on our events and explaining the value of these to potential
- Attending high end functions in a ‘brand ambassador’ capacity;
- Helping on distribution of our products;
- Assisting with our industry awards.
- Writing biographies of leading individuals in Westminster.
The successful candidate will be able to illustrate:
- Excellent organisation skills including Word and Excel;
- An ability to manage your time effectively
- A shrewd commercial sense, and enjoyment of the detail of what makes a
- business tick;
- An interest in politics and public affairs;
- Dynamism and a natural flair suitable for a start-up environment;
- Excellent oral communication skills;
- The ability to think laterally across an intricate and interconnected business.
Closing Date: 30 September 2019
Interviews will be arranged on application. Please note that we reserve the right to appoint an exceptional candidate before the closing date. You will only be contacted if you are selected to come in for an interview.
Please send a full CV and short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org