Date Added: 6 September 2019
: 23 September 2019
Job Title: Campaign Manager
Working For: Bristol Green Party Mayoral Campaign
Salary: £120 per day, freelance
Duration: October 2019 – May 2020
Hours: 2.5 days per week (18.75 hrs)
Bristol is one of the UKs greenest cities with a consistently high Green vote in local and national elections. In the recent EU elections, the Green Party topped the poll in Bristol, receiving 35% of the vote in the city – 17606 votes clear of the nearest contender. It is a city where innovation, green industry and business flourish. Yet Bristol is also a city of inequality and the next Mayor will have the challenge of creating a thriving city that is good for all and leaves no one behind. The Greens have a bold vision for the city and a candidate, Sandy Hore-Ruthven, with a track record and reputation for delivering.
Sandy has a high profile in the city as the CEO of Creative Youth Network - the largest youth charity in the region - working with the most vulnerable people in the city. He has delivered multi-million pound capital developments and overseen projects reducing NEET numbers, crime and disadvantage in young people. The organisation employs over 200 people.
The Campaign Manager will lead the campaign team and guide the campaign over the coming months to the election in May 2020 to achieve a historic ‘first’ of a Green Mayor in a UK city.
- Lead the development and implementation of the mayoral campaign with Sandy and the volunteer team
- Support and grow the existing core campaign team ensuring the campaign strategy is delivered
- Manage the fundraising campaign to ensure the right resources are available to achieve success
- Liaise with the National and Bristol Green Party linking target wards and Mayoral campaign activities
- Manage the launch of key pledges and Bristol Green Party Manifesto
- Oversee the creation of clear and key messaging disseminated through regular literature, media quotes/appearances and public appearances
- Liaison with local and national press
- Chair fortnightly campaign meetings and ensure action points are recorded and delivered
- Support in organising events
- Support in responding to emerging political issues
For full job description and person spec, please see https://bristolgreenparty.org.uk/news/campaignmanagerjob
Closing Date: 23 September 2019
Interviews will be held in Bristol on 27th September. Start date is as soon as possible after this date.
Please send a CV and covering letter outlining how your experience fits the job description to Anna.firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on the closing date.