Date Added: 9 September 2019
: 9 October 2019
Job Title: Programme Manager - Cyber and Defence
Working For: Tech UK
Salary: £30,000-£38,000 per annum
This challenging and wide-ranging position provides an opportunity to work with senior level representatives from industry and Government to support the development and implementation of a challenging agenda. The role will encompass the support and development of policy and market engagement activities related to the UK Cyber Security and Defence sectors. This role would suit an articulate and enthusiastic learner, with the ability to support the development of new policy and the delivery of projects and events. Experience of working with industry, the UK military, government, policy development, and other stakeholders is required.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the capability to work across two different programmes, engaging with a variety of industry, military and government stakeholders and will develop a good understanding of the opportunities and challenges in the use of technology for national defence and security purposes.
- Present techUK as the voice of the technology industry to the Ministry of Defence, Department for Culture, Media and Sport and wider UK Government;
- Support the development, implementation and communication of techUK’s Defence and Cyber Security activities in a way that meets the needs of existing and potential new members;
- Lead the development, implementation and management of projects, white papers, workshops, and events that aim to resolve shared challenges between the technology industry and the wider economy
- Promote both the Cyber Security and Defence Programmes through insights, opinions, social media activities and PR activities;
- Liaise with other techUK teams to identify and exploit cross-fertilisation opportunities with other programmes within techUK;
- Support the work of the Defence and Security Board, Cyber Security Management Committee and other relevant techUK Defence forums and special interest groups, maintaining liaison with group members;
- Deputise for the Head of Programmes in their absence.
For further details please see website.
Closing Date: 9 October 2019
Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
To apply for this role, please send a short cover letter (max. 500 words) and a copy of your CV together with your salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
9th September 2019 - The Salary has been amended.