Date Added: 9 September 2019
: 13 September 2019
Job Title: Constituency Assistant
Working For: Bill Esterson MP (Sefton Central)
Location: Sefton Central
Salary: £19,641 pro rata, 20 hours per week, three month contract
An opportunity has arisen to join the constituency team of Labour MP and Shadow Business and International Trade Minister Bill Esterson in Sefton Central.
This is a 20 hour per week three month fixed term contract.
As a constituency assistant, you may be asked to:
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
- Attend meetings as appropriate
- Deal with standard queries from members of the public
- Draft responses to constituents
- Establish a social media presence in the constituency
- Follow up on social media queries and comments
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 13 September 2019
Interviews to take place week beginning September 16.
Send CV and brief cover letter/statement to Nina Killen at firstname.lastname@example.org