Date Added: 9 September 2019
: 27 September 2019
Job Title: Policy Officer
Working For: Green Group of MSPs
Full Details: https://greens.scot/work-with-us
Hours: Full time (37 hours per week)
Reporting to: Director of Political Strategy
Holidays: 30 days leave plus 10.5 public holidays
Pension: 10% contributions from the Scottish Parliament to a stakeholder pension
Working as part of the central pool team that supports the work of the six Green MSPs, you will provide the Group with business management services, ensuring speakers are allocated and parliamentary deadlines are met, whilst providing top rate policy research, analysis and advice. That will mean writing policy briefings. You will also support our Co-Leaders, Alison Johnstone MSP and Patrick Harvie MSP, in ensuring that their FMQ slots are used to maximum impact.
- Experience working in campaigns or policy in a similar environment, e.g. an NGO
- Understanding of the Scottish political landscape
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to process statistical information
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- A good understanding of the Scottish Parliament and parliamentary process
Closing Date: 27 September 2019
Interviews will take place on 7 October in the Scottish Parliament.
Please email a cover letter and CV to Gordon.Crawford@Parliament.scot by 12:00 on the closing date with POLICY OFFICER in the subject line. You should ensure you demonstrate how you meet the person specification as set out above in your application.
Please note that the Scottish Green MSPs are currently hiring for a number of roles, all of which are advertised at https://greens.scot/work-with-us. Candidates are welcome to submit applications to more than one vacancy.
For an informal discussion about this role, please call Harry Huyton, Director of Political Strategy, on 0131 348 6361.