Date Added: 9 September 2019
: 27 September 2019
Job Title: Regional Assistant
Working For: Patrick Harvie MSP (Glasgow)
Full Details: https://greens.scot/work-with-us
Location: Patrick Harvie MSP’s regional office, Finnieston, Glasgow
Hours: 22.2 hours per week (flexible working hours; Tue-Fri preferred, but subject to negotiation)
Reporting to: Regional Co-Ordinator
Holidays: 30 days leave plus 10.5 public holidays (pro-rata)
Pension: 10% contributions from the Scottish Parliament to a stakeholder pension
Working as part of the local team that supports the work of Patrick Harvie MSP, you will provide full administrative support including managing all aspects of the diary, drafting documents, filing, taking enquiries from constituents and stakeholders, replying to correspondence and providing support for meetings and appointments for Patrick Harvie MSP.
- Experience of working with the public
- Good analytical skills, with an eye for accuracy
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work on your own
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good written English
- Good IT skills
- An ability to build and sustain positive working relationships, and to motivate and support staff and volunteers
- A versatile approach, with an ability to work under pressure
- Education to degree level or equivalent working experience
- Experience of working on policy, campaigns or community activism
- An understanding of the Scottish Parliament and the political climate of Scotland and Glasgow
Closing Date: 27 September 2019
Interviews will take place in early October in Patrick Harvie MSP’s regional office, Finnieston, Glasgow.
Please email a cover letter CV and to Gordon.Crawford@Parliament.scot by 12:00 on the closing date with REGIONAL ASSISTANT in the subject line. You should ensure you demonstrate how you meet the person specification as set out above in your application.
Please note that the Scottish Green MSPs are currently hiring for a number of roles, all of which are advertised at https://greens.scot/work-with-us. Candidates are welcome to submit applications to more than one vacancy.
To arrange an informal discussion about this role, please email Jon Molyneux at email@example.com