Date Added: 9 September 2019
: 17 September 2019
Job Title: Junior Caseworker
Working For: Matt Western MP (Warwick and Leamington)
Location: Leamington Spa
Salary: £19,641-£22,000 per year FTE (dependent on experience) + benefits + pension
Matt is looking to recruit a Junior Caseworker for his constituency office.
The role will provide advice and support to constituents on a range of issues, and will take the lead on a key area of casework related policy.
Applicants should be effective and professional at all times, with a desire to be part of a busy, high performing constituency team.
- Provide advice and support to constituents on a variety of issues through liaison with Government agencies, the voluntary sector and others to resolve matters.
- Maintain the highest standards of constituent care through the lifecycle of every matter – including quick responses, continued updating and swift resolution.
- Ensure the effective use of document and case management systems to methodically and accurately record, categorise and close matters from constituents and others within the constituency.
- To act in line with data protection laws, the principles of public life and other relevant compliance and policy requirements including constituent care service levels and branding guidelines.
- Deputise for the Senior Caseworker as appropriate (for example, attending surgeries as required with the Member of Parliament).
- Contribute to a weekly briefing of new, continuing and closing matters for the Member of Parliament.
- Liaise with the Parliamentary Office to ensure the effective communication of constituency related issues.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation, guidance and procedures in order to assist constituents, through ongoing training and development.
- Provide secretarial services as and when required by the Member of Parliament.
- Attend constituent surgeries on Saturday mornings at venues around the constituency
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Demonstrable experience of casework or a similar role
- Good knowledge of key policy issues: housing, immigration and finance matters
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- People skills
- Excellent organisational skills and a methodical approach to record keeping
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office (caseworker.mp experience desirable)
- Interest in current affairs and sympathy with Labour Party values
- Please note this role may include evening and/or weekend work as agreed with the MP.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 September 2019
Interviews on Thursday 19th & Friday 20th September in Leamington. To start in early October. References required.
The Member of Parliament currently envisages the role being part time, ie four days per week.
Applicants should apply by emailing their CV (maximum two pages) and a covering letter (maximum 300 words) setting out why they are the right person for the job and to join the team to email@example.com