Date Added: 9 September 2019
: 22 September 2019
Job Title: Head of Digital and Scams Policy
Working For: Which?
Do you understand the digital marketplace that consumers are increasingly operating in, the challenges they face in connecting to it and the issues that policy-makers and regulators are struggling with? Are you an experienced expert - in policy or regulation - looking for your next challenge?
What you’ll be doing
We have an exciting opportunity to drive Which?'s work to understand the digital world for UK consumers and identify what changes or regulation may be needed to make sure they enjoy the opportunities without suffering harm. This is a high profile role, reporting to the Director of Advocacy. You will be central to developing and implementing Which?’s position on digital life, fraud and scams and making sure that consumer views and interests are shaping the development and regulation of the digital marketplace into the future.
This is an ambitious and unique opportunity to;
- Build our understanding of what is going on in the digital world, and issues connecting to it, with a clear plan to cascade this across the organisation
- Develop the high-quality, robust policy outcomes and solutions Which? should pursue based on the evidence and understanding you will have gathered
- Develop strong relationships across the sector, establishing yourself and Which? more generally with big and small tech, regulators, policy-makers and government
- Help to establish an advisory panel of digital experts to inform, challenge and support our work and in particular our advocacy and campaigning activities
- Make sure that our research, views and positions are written up and communicated in the most effective way to influence and ensure that consumers’ views and rights are represented and protected.
This is a hugely significant role for Which? covering the range of digital life from connectivity to how digital marketplaces work, and including issues Which? Is not well known for. So we’ll be looking for you both to get to the root of the issue and bring your ability to talk to people. You will be able to build strong relationships across new and existing networks, and be confident in influencing industry experts and bringing people with you. Your ability to communicate effectively to audiences inside and outside Which? will drive forward change and help position Which? as the pre-eminent force driving change for and with consumers.
Closing Date: 22 September 2019