Date Added: 9 September 2019
: 25 September 2019
Job Title: Coordinator, UBI Hub
Working For: Compass
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum
We are looking for a Coordinator for the newly established Universal Basic Income (UBI) Hub, hosted by Compass.
The UBI Hub will aim to increase the impact of all the good research and campaign work already happening on UBI in the UK.
The Coordinator needs to be a self-starter able to manage the UBI Hub's activity. They will work from Compass' offices in Central London, although remote working can be discussed. This is a full-time post, but applications to fulfil the post on a job-share or part-time basis are welcome.
The job will consist of the following aims and activities:
To play a prominent role in developing a co-ordinated promotion of UBI in the UK through various means, including:
- raising the profile of UBI as a key policy proposal addressing inequality, poverty, etc.
- engagement with media, politicians, researchers and activists
- promoting adoption of UBI pilot schemes
- developing educational material for a variety of audiences
- encouraging research in order to fill information gaps
- developing the National UBI Hub as the ‘go-to’ place for information and comment on UBI.
The Coordinator will have experience of some of the following areas of work:
- commissioning, analysing and/or summarising research
- commissioning or preparing communications materials (including audio-visual)
- managing online presence and interaction (including website and social media accounts)
- outreach to a variety of stakeholders and audiences
- event management
- working with media, politicians, civil society orgs, and researchers.
The Coordinator will have most of these skills and qualifications:
- Self-motivated and experience of organising own work and priorities
- Good communication skills
- Excellent writing and good numeracy skills
- Good understanding of British political and current affairs
- Ability to interact with academics, think tanks, MPs, activists, etc.
- Ability to think strategically
- Good academic qualifications.
In relation to UBI, the Coordinator will have:
- Some knowledge and understanding of the current debates about UBI, UBS, and inequality
- Ability to absorb information on UBI including technical papers
- Ability to undertake or commission a review of current literature on UBI.
Closing Date: 25 September 2019
Interviews with shortlisted candidates will be held in Central London on Tuesday 8 October.
If you want to apply for this post, please email us your CV and a cover letter of up to 500 words.
It should clearly set out why you are interested in the post and why you would be a suitable candidate.
Please email your letter and CV to Neal Lawson at Compass: email@example.com
Any questions or queries you have about the post can be directed to Neal Lawson at Compass at the email address above.