Date Added: 9 September 2019
: 27 September 2019
Job Title: Researcher
Working For: Andy Wightman MSP (Lothian)
Salary: £26,000 to max £30,727 depending on experience and skills (full time equivalent based on 37hrs per week)
Full details: https://greens.scot/work-with-us
Accountable to: Andy Wightman MSP
To support Andy Wightman in his Parliamentary duties with a particular focus on Local Government, economy, land reform, housing, planning and communities. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to work in the office of an MSP and to experience the rewards and challenges that come with this unique role at a time of unprecedented political interest.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a research or policy environment
- Experience of providing accurate briefing material
- Experience of producing high quality, relevant work to short timescales
- Excellent analytical and research competence including an ability to handle statistical information
- Ability to provide clear, concise reports and draft speeches for a variety of audiences
- Excellent communication and writing skills and excellent written English
- An ability to work under pressure, both within a team and the ability to work unsupervised nd on your own initiative
- Excellent core IT skills including use of social media
- Understanding of the Scottish political landscape
- Good organisational skills
- A good understanding of the Scottish Parliament and its processes
- Familiarity with mapping, video and graphic IT software
Hours: 5 days per week. Specific working hours may be subject to negotiation with the successful candidate. There must be a willingness to have flexibility in working hours during periods when Parliament is sitting
Holidays: 30 days per year plus 10.5 public holidays
Pension: A 10% contribution to a private pension plan is offered by the Scottish Parliament.
Closing Date: 27 September 2019
Interviews will be held on 14 October 2019
Please submit a CV plus covering statement in PDF format outlining how you meet the job specification to Andy Wightman MSP, Room MG.20, Scottish Parliament, Holyrood, Edinburgh, EH99 1SP or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with RESEARCHER in the subject line.
Please note the Scottish Green MSPs are currently hiring for a number of roles, all of which are advertised at https://greens.scot/work-with-us. Candidates are welcome to submit applications to more than one vacancy.
18th September 2019 - The interview dates have been changed from 9 and 10 October 2019 to 14 October 2019.