Date Added: 12 September 2019
: 19 September 2019
Job Title: Parliamentary Intern (6 weeks with the possibility of extension)
Working For: James Heappey MP (Wells)
Salary: London Living Wage
James Heappey MP is seeking to recruit a Parliamentary intern to join his Westminster office. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to gain political experience and develop his or her office skills.
- Corresponding with constituents on casework matters and responding to general constituency enquiries.
- Dealing with third party campaigns and assisting with research on national policy issues.
- Communicating with constituents clearly and sensitively on the telephone and in person.
- Attending meetings with or on behalf of MP as required.
- Ensure cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner, and that accurate records are kept.
- General office admin and support.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes/abilities:
- Ability to work to a high standard and to manage own workload.
- A keen interest in politics and current affairs.
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic about working to help local residents.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritise and time-manage workload.
- Strong research, communication and IT skills.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 19 September 2019
Interviews shall take place the week of 23rd September 2019 with a start date of Monday 30th September 2019.
Please send a covering letter outlining why you are applying for this role and full CV to email@example.com
Please also direct any queries to this address.