Date Added: 12 September 2019
: 20 September 2019
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Will Quince MP (Colchester)
Salary: In accordance with IPSA guidelines
Will Quince, Member of Parliament for Colchester, is looking to appoint a full-time caseworker to join his busy and dedicated team in his constituency office.
The successful candidate will work alongside Will’s existing caseworker dealing directly with constituents, working with Will to resolve problems on a wide range of issues involving local and national government. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic people person with excellent written and oral communication skills, an ability to work as part of a team, excellent organizational skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
Whilst not essential, a keen interest in politics and local affairs is desirable.
- Analyse patterns of enquiries, produce reports and manage an active caseload.
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
- Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
- Liaising with Local and National Government agencies, voluntary sector and other organisations to help resolve issues.
- Draft responses to constituents
- Publicise surgeries etc.Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Dealing with correspondence, telephone enquiries and emails and providing timely responses
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act and the office’s General Data Protection Regulation practices.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 September 2019
Interviews will take place the week commencing 23rd September. Please be aware that a suitable candidate may be interviewed and appointed before the closing date.
Start date is as soon as possible.
Please send a cover letter and no more than a single page CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Will Quince MP, 37 Layer Road, Colchester, Essex, CO2 7JW.