Date Added: 12 September 2019
: 11 October 2019
Job Title: Social Media Community Manager
Working For: Embassy of Israel
Salary: £30,000 per annum
- Manage Social Media: create content and update social media channels (including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Develop and promote digital campaigns, increase online engagement and reach out to new audiences.
- Monitor social media analytics and performance tools.
- Work on digital strategy and further develop communication streams.
- Manage the Embassy’s official website: publishing regular updates, creating new website features.
- Produce the weekly newsletter.
- Keep up-to-date with current political events within Israel and the UK in order to manage digital communications appropriately.
Skills and knowledge:
We are looking for a proactive, independent, creative and outgoing person who is able to juggle multiple tasks at once.
This role requires:
- At least two years experience in journalism / public relations / advertising / marketing / managing social media.
- A university degree in communication, international affairs or other related fields is required. A relevant postgraduate qualification would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and proven experience in video editing programmes and graphic tools.
- Experience using social media in a professional capacity.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Any other languages are an advantage.
- A familiarity with political and geo-political content, with an emphasis on Israel and the Middle East is a strong advantage.
Conditions of service:
- Job type: Full-time, Fixed Term – 2 years minimum
- Holiday entitlement: 22 days annual leave + extended holiday allowances
- If not a UK citizen, must have a work permit/UK visa (Valid for at least 2 years)
Closing Date: 11 October 2019
Interviews and start date to commence as soon as possible.
Please note that we may look to appoint before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: HR@london.mfa.gov.il
Removed at client request 12 Sept