Date Added: 18 September 2019
: 11 October 2019
Job Title: Constituency Support Officer/Caseworker
Working For: Victoria Prentis MP (Banbury)
Location: Deddington, near Banbury, Oxfordshire
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Victoria Prentis MP is looking to appoint a full-time Constituency Support Officer or Caseworker, based in her constituency office to start as soon as possible. The office is situated in a beautiful Oxfordshire village, with plenty of local amenities.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the MP is accurately informed on key issues
- Dealing with queries from members of the public by telephone and email
- Progress and draft casework as required
- Attend constituency meetings and surgeries as appropriate and represent MP when necessary
- Maintain a social media presence in the constituency and help to publicise surgeries, events, press releases etc
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- General administrative tasks - Photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence
- Assist the MP with other duties as required
- Flexibility and willingness to work evenings and weekends occasionally
- Strong written and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to organise
- A good team player
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
The following skills are required:
- A good understanding of the British political system and local government
- A good grasp of current affairs
- An understanding of constituency issues
- An excellent understanding of Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Full clean driving licence
The following skills are preferred:
- Knowledge of the Banbury constituency
- Knowledge of caseworker.mp
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 11 October 2019
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Candidates successfully selected for interview will be contacted ahead of the closing date with further details.
Start date - as soon as possible.
All applicants should send their CV with a short letter explaining why they are suitable for the role by 10pm on the closing date to Zoe McLernon by email: email@example.com. Please direct any enquiries regarding this position to Zoe by email or on 01869 233 685.