Date Added: 19 September 2019
: 13 October 2019
Job Title: Policy and Public Affairs Officer
Working For: Southwark Council
To use public affairs expertise to maximise Southwark’s impact with opinion formers and decision makers to get the best deal for Southwark’s residents and which works across the council to support officers in their delivery of the council’s key priorities.
To support policy development, planning and performance across the council using innovative solutions to issues which limit the council’s ability to deliver for people in Southwark.
To advise members and officers on a range of public affairs approaches and how to achieve the best outcome for residents.
Other duties will include:
- work with cabinet members and officers to develop political ideas into policy which can be implemented to deliver real change for the borough’s residents.
- work with departments to help shape emerging changes to service delivery and policy development, bringing a political perspective.
- support policy development, commission and undertake research and analysis, learn from best practice, generate ideas about changes to policy, develop expertise in a particular field.
- deliver a range of public affairs actions including organising events, identifying and communicating with opinion formers and decision makers.
- work with colleagues in other departments who are engaging with external decision makers and opinion formers to provide expert public affairs advice on the means of communication and engagement.
- map and assess the different opinion forming and decision making audiences which impact on Southwark and provide expert advice on how best to engage with them and influence them to achieve positive outcomes for Southwark and its residents.
Closing Date: 13 October 2019
Interview Date: Thursday 24th October 2019