Date Added: 24 September 2019
: 10 October 2019
Job Title: Campaign Manager (3 month contract)
Working For: Liberal Democrats
Salary: £20,000-£25,000 pro rata (both part time and full time roles considered)
It’s an exciting time for the Liberal Democrats. Over the last few months, we have seen a large upsurge in our membership and an incredible win in the European elections in May 2019. With a General Election imminent, we are recruiting Constituency Campaign Managers to manage elections in seats across South West London.
We are seeking enthusiastic and self-motivated people who can manage a team of volunteers and build the Liberal Democrat campaigning capacity.
We are recruiting for a 3 month, fixed term contract on the basis of an election taking place this Autumn, with a possibility for extension depending on the political circumstances.
We are currently recruiting for the following seats:
- Chelsea and Fulham
Please indicate in your application if you have a preference for a particular constituency, or are happy to be considered for all roles.
- Coordinating a constituency campaign plan.
- Working with the candidate and agent to recruit, develop and manage members and helpers and maintain a members and helpers database.
- Supporting fundraising and assisting with events.
- Co-ordinating campaigning events, activities and communication with members.
- Organising and promoting relevant training for activists in campaigning techniques.
The following criteria are considered essential:
- Highly organised.
- Experience of coordinating a diverse range of activities.
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills to be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, members, volunteers and external organisations.
- An ability to engage proactively with volunteers in a confident manner, in order to persuade them to participate in campaigning activities.
- Excellent written communication skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, self-motivating and to manage your own workload.
- Familiarity with current issues within UK politics and sympathetic to the values and principles of the Liberal Democrats.
The following criteria are considered desirable:
- Local knowledge of the constituency or constituencies you are applying for
- Experience of delivering effective Liberal Democrat campaigns.
Closing Date: 10 October 2019
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis with the aim of recruiting people as soon as possible. Ability to start straight away is a definite plus.
To apply for the role please send a CV and covering letter describing your suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org
The three local parties covering the constituencies are:
25th September 2019 - The closing date has been changed from 01 Nov 2019 to 10 Oct 2019. The email address for applications has been updated.