Date Added: 25 September 2019
: 23 October 2019
Job Title: Graduate Research Executives (x6)
Working For: BMG Research
Location: London, Birmingham or Glasgow
Salary: £20,000-£26,000 (dependent on experience) + Benefits + Company Bonus Scheme
We have six roles available at BMG across our Social Research teams.
The positions are best suited to either graduates or Research Executives with less than 2 years’ experience.
We require candidates who can demonstrate strong organisation skills, a willingness to learn, those who are self-assured but not arrogant, and those who like to take on challenging tasks, whatever they may be.
To be successful, candidates will have a strong desire to learn, hold a minimum of a 2:1-degree qualification or equivalent, and be numerate with a good understanding of collating and analysing data. Candidates will already have a detailed understanding of primary research methods and are looking to pursue a career in a fast-paced, fun and exciting research setting.
Relevant training and skills development opportunities will be provided to the successful candidates, who will also join the BMG Graduate Training Program.
- Designing questions and topics for research that generate fresh insight for our clients
- Basic coding of results and data checking
- Carrying out background research to support proposal and report writing
- Preparing project materials including job spec forms, coding and data analysis specs
- Assisting with qualitative research, including recruitment and preparation of materials
- Providing support on the analysis and presentation of data
- Reporting results in a clear, concise and usable way
- Writing articles for the BMG Research website
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent written and spoken English accompanied by good numerical skills
- An interest in, and knowledge of society and current affairs
- An understanding of data and statistics
- An ability to write around data/results (to tell an accurate and interesting story)
- A full working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- An ability to meet strict deadlines
- A keen eye for detail – spotting and correcting errors
- A willingness to take on challenging and varied tasks
- A professional, can-do attitude
Experience of the following is desirable but not essential:
- Primary research and/or fieldwork
- Data charting tools
Closing Date: 23 October 2019
Initial Selection Notification Date: Thursday 31 October 2019
Interview Dates: 6 November to 15 November 2019 (depending on location)
Start dates: Late November onwards
If you believe you are the right candidate, please apply here: www.bmgresearch.co.uk/career/graduate-research-executive-gre-x-6/
Both covering letters and CVs should be in pdf format only.
All applicants will receive a reply, though not all will receive written feedback.
All applicants must be able to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK and be prepared to undergo a basic DBS check.