Date Added: 25 September 2019
: 14 October 2019
Job Title: Associate Director – Policy, Influencing and Voice
Working For: CLIC Sargent
Salary: £60,000 per annum
We are recruiting an Associate Director – Policy, Influencing and Voice who will challenge, influence and inspire the health sector, our peers in the voluntary sector and the UK Government, driving long term change for children and young people with cancer and their families.
You will make sure CLIC Sargent’s messaging to decision makers and influencers at all levels is unified, amplified and deployed with maximum efficiency and is based on solid evidence and research.
About the role
• Leverage our outstanding connections across sectors and the UK Government to build on our track record to improve outcomes for children and young people with cancer and their families.
• Lead activity across policy creation and development, influencing and public affairs.
• Enable CLIC Sargent to challenge health decision makers in the UK at all levels.
• Leverage the expert knowledge and connections of CLIC Sargent nurses to maximise impact.
• Engage all services, beneficiaries and community networks to ensure they are heart of national, regional or local decisions about their care.
• Strengthen and empower parents, young people and children to campaign themselves.
• Build our confidence to co-design with children, young people and parents at all levels, right up to our governing Board
• A skilled leader, committed to their people and motivating them.
• An advanced understanding of evidence-based policy, influencing, public affairs and the UK parliamentary system with a penchant for health policy.
• A strategic thinker, who through their team can deliver change at a Government policy or system level.
• A strong networker, understanding how to build internal and external relationships, with a passion for championing children, young people and parents’ voices to decision makers.
• Able to explain the intricacies of a government consultation to a 13 year old as well as the realities of living with cancer when you’re young to Ministers who’s short of time.
• An ability to build relationships across the charity, and to work in a one-team approach.
We’re taking our policy, influencing and voice work to the next level. Will you join our fight?
We are always looking for talented people from all backgrounds, please visit our website for detailed information.
Closing Date: 14 October 2019
Application deadline: noon on the closing date.
To apply for this position, please upload a CV and a supporting statement of no more than two pages of A4 via the link below, outlining your interest in the role and what skills and experience you feel you would bring.
You can download a copy of the Job Description from our website.