Date Added: 25 September 2019
: 28 October 2019
Job Title: Social Media Community Manager
Working For: Embassy of Israel
Salary: £30, 000 per annum
• Manage Social Media: create content and update social media channels (including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
• Develop and promote digital campaigns, increase online engagement and reach out to new audiences.
• Monitor social media analytics and performance tools.
• Work on digital strategy and further develop communication streams.
• Manage the Embassy’s official website: publishing regular updates, creating new website features.
• Produce the weekly newsletter.
• Keep up-to-date with current political events within Israel and the UK in order to manage digital communications appropriately.
Skills and knowledge:
We are looking for a proactive, independent, creative and outgoing person who is able to juggle multiple tasks at once.
This role requires:
• At least two years experience in journalism / public relations / advertising / marketing / managing social media.
• A university degree in communication, international affairs or other related fields is required. A relevant postgraduate qualification would be an advantage.
• Knowledge and proven experience in video editing programmes and graphic tools.
• Experience using social media in a professional capacity.
• Fluent in written and spoken English. Any other languages are an advantage.
• A familiarity with political and geo-political content, with an emphasis on Israel and the Middle East is a strong advantage.
Conditions of service:
● Job type: Full-time, Fixed Term – 2 years minimum
● Holiday entitlement: 22 days annual leave + extended holiday allowances
● If not a UK citizen, must have a work permit/UK visa (Valid for at least 2 years)
Closing Date: 28 October 2019
Interviews and start date to commence as soon as possible.
Please note that we may look to appoint before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: HR@london.mfa.gov.il