Date Added: 25 September 2019
: 1 October 2019
Job Title: Paid Internship in Brussels
Working For: Conservatives and Reformist Group, European Parliament
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Salary: €1,500 per month net
Length of Contract:
Conservative MEPs are part of the ECR Group in the European Parliament. Within the context of the ECR’s “Conservative Friends of the ECR” (CF-ECR) project to nurture the relationship between the Group and the Party now and beyond brexit, the ECR Group is looking for a paid intern to join its staff for a period of six months.
The tasks of the intern may include:
- assisting the press team or whips office;
- helping with committee work;
- drafting summaries & briefings;
- and performing other tasks as required by the delegation.
The successful candidate will:
- be a committed supporter of the Conservative Party who can demonstrate active political experience, perhaps in CCHQ, in a constituency office, in campaigning locally, or in student politics;
- have a basic knowledge of the European Union;
- have good writing skills who can summarise discussions and reports in a short and precise style;
- be a good communicator who can work with a range people;
- be strong team players, willing to help out their colleagues as required.
This is a great opportunity to learn more about the work of the European Parliament and the European Union, gaining practical experience in a demanding political office.
Closing Date: 1 October 2019
The internship is for a fixed period of six months starting on 1 November.
Please note: interviews will take place on 11 October in central London (NB this will the only date when interviews will take place)
The application should consist of:
- your CV,
- a detailed cover letter explaining why you would like this internship and giving specific details in relation to the criteria indicated above.
Please send these to:
Christina Banteli at: firstname.lastname@example.org putting INTERNSHIP APPLICATION in the subject field.