Date Added: 25 September 2019
: 11 October 2019
Job Title: Communications & Public Affairs Executive
Working For: The Institute for Turnaround
The IFT is looking to hire a Communications and Public Affairs Executive to help develop and maintain stakeholder relationships and drive strategic objectives through communications. In so doing, you will work closely with our CEO, board, members, senior corporate partner connections and stakeholders.
35-hour week but with flexible working required from time to time.
Office based (London zone 1) with scope for working from home. Travel to meetings within London and occasionally further afield required.
Please submit your cv showing relevance for the role. If successfully longlisted, you will be asked to provide further information prior to interview for shortlisted candidates.
Key role objectives:
- Working with the CEO on raising the profile of the organisation and turnaround externally
- Responsible for our communications plan, including creating content, defining and driving key messages and content out through communication channels and developing those channels
- Driving forward our stakeholder engagement approach, identifying value for each stakeholder group and mapping relationships
- Understanding trends in key issues of interest to the IFT and members, and advising on appropriate positions and responses
- Collaborating with the Professional Development Executive on our events programme, including our annual events; the IFT Awards Ceremony and the National conference
- An ability to build and maintain constructive relationships with internal and external stakeholders is crucial.
- The ability to work independently, driving forward campaigns and projects using your own initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, with the ability to adapt style depending on the audience
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to identify matters of key interest
- Ability to plan messages and content across different communication channels
- Knowledge of, or ability to develop knowledge of, important business-related issues across a range of policy areas
- Strong organisational and planning skills, with demonstrable experiences of multitasking
- Experience in an entry level communications, policy or PR role
- Experience in using multiple communications channels including digital
- Experience of working within policy desirable
Closing Date: 11 October 2019
Interviews from w/c 14th October
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to apply.