Date Added: 25 September 2019
: 25 October 2019
Job Title: Digital and Events Officer
Working For: European Leadership Network (ELN)
Salary: £10.55 per hour (London Living Wage)
The European Leadership Network (ELN) is an independent, non-partisan think tank with a network of over 180 past, present and future European leaders working to provide practical real-world solutions to political and security challenges. Through its research, publications, events, practical policy advocacy, media reach and pan-European networks, the ELN works to build better security for wider Europe. It concentrates on what it judges to be the gravest risks to Europe’s security and on the risks where it assesses that it can make the greatest difference.
The European Leadership Network is looking to recruit a Digital and Events Officer to join us at our London office. This team member will support ELN staff with many components of our database, events and office management. Their main duties will include:
- Providing research support for events, speeches, briefings and other contributions to the work of the ELN.
- Diary management and coordination of meetings, delegation visits and briefings with ELN staff members, the ELN Board, ELN network participants and external stakeholders.
- Update and maintain the ELN contact database.
- Assist with the organisation of meetings, events and delegation visits.
- Assist with research and calendar support for paper commissioning.
- Maintain calendar of key internal and external events.
- Update content on the ELN websites and social media sites.
- Undertake general office administration, booking meeting rooms, purchasing furniture and office supplies.
- Providing administrative and general office support to contribute to the smooth running of the organisation.
- Any other duties that commensurate with the level of responsibility of this post.
- A Levels to Undergraduate Degree.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organised, good at prioritising tasks.
- Computer literacy and excellent typing skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills, experience using the Microsoft Office suite and basic database systems knowledge.
- Results-orientated, enthusiastic and able to work independently as well as in a team.
Location: Central London
Duration: Fixed term or temporary contract
Closing Date: 25 October 2019
Preferred start date: November 2019
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please restrict your CV to no more than four pages (A4). This should clearly outline any relevant experience to date. The cover letter should detail why you would be interested in this position and explain how you meet the job requirements.
Candidates must have permission to work in the UK.