Date Added: 25 September 2019
: 16 October 2019
Job Title: Public Affairs Adviser
Working For: Country Land and Business Association
With a new senior leadership team and an ambitious new strategy to raise the profile and political influence of the rural economy. We are looking for a Public Affairs Adviser to join our in-house public affairs team which has a strong track record in delivering lobbying success on behalf of CLA members.
The CLA is the organisation that champions and protects the rural economy, with 30,000 members across England and Wales. Our members own or manage around half the rural land in England and Wales and operate more than 250 different types of businesses.
This full-time role will work closely with the Director of External Affairs and Public Affairs Manager to deliver national parliamentary lobbying both in Westminster and the Welsh Assembly.
The successful candidate is likely to be educated to degree level and have at least 18 to 24 months’ experience in public affairs, ideally working within Parliament or in a closely related role.
The successful candidate must also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of delivering political or other social media campaigns
- A detailed knowledge of how the Parliamentary process works
- Excellent communication skills which demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Demonstrable experience of successful team working
Closing Date: 16 October 2019
The deadline for applications is 9am on the closing date.
Please apply in writing, by email, explaining how you meet the criteria for the position together with a CV to email@example.com