Date Added: 26 September 2019
: 11 October 2019
Job Title: Campaign Organiser
Working For: Manchester City Labour Party
Salary: £26,116 (pro rota, 0.6 FTE)
Manchester City Council has the largest Labour Group in the country with ninety-three councillors. Next May, thirty-two council seats are up for election. This temporary role (0.6 FTE) based at our office in Hulme will work with the Labour Group and City Party Campaign Co-ordinators, as well as individual councillors and members, to deliver strong results in these elections.
- Provide support for campaign activity, outside and during the election period.
- Maintain records and data to monitor activity and results across the City. Making effective use of Contact Creator and Mosaic in targeted campaigns and to increase voter identification in key wards.
- Assist with drafting and circulating planned political press releases (including developing a message calendar) and associated social/traditional media content
- Develop positive relations with elected councillors, local party officers and members
- Design and drafting content for campaign literature/newsletters and targeted mail.
- Assist with fundraising opportunities.
- Motivate members and supporters to take part in campaigning activities
- Attend and report to Campaign Group, and report regularly to Campaign Coordinators
- Other reasonable duties as required
- Be a Member of the Labour Party
- Be organized, methodical and self-motivated
- Advanced knowledge and experience of working with Contact Creator
- Able to work independently
- Possess good IT skills and be skilled in using social media
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and experience of working as part of a team
- Experience of election data collection and analysis.
- Proven ability to generate and manage social media content,
- Experience of organizing campaigns, including working with volunteers
- Experience of producing written campaign materials
- Be prepared to travel across Manchester on a regular basis to carry out required duties
- Willing to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Experience of developing and delivering training to others
- Knowledge of current local issues in Manchester
- Experience in dealing with traditional and new media outlets and drafting press releases
- Full UK driving license
Closing Date: 11 October 2019
To start as soon as convenient.
The Labour Party values equality and diversity, and welcomes applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter, which should demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the post, to: email@example.com