Date Added: 1 October 2019
: 11 October 2019
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Mary Creagh MP (Wakefield)
Salary: £20,000-£25,000 depending on experience
An opportunity has arisen for a dedicated caseworker to join Mary Creagh's busy constituency office in Wakefield.
This is a full-time post based on 37.5 hours/week
We're looking for a highly motivated individual with a passion for helping others. Based in the constituency office, you will report to the office manager.
- Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
- Providing advice and support to constituents through liaison with Government agencies, the voluntary sector and others
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate in dealing with casework including; benefits, employment, immigration and housing issues.
- Logging all cases; monitoring progress and ensuring all identified actions are taken
- Attending surgeries and other meetings with the MP as appropriate
- Helping to arrange constituency events including surgeries, coffee mornings etc.
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Excellent writing skills and acute attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Competent use of standard office IT packages. Experience of using Caseworker.mp is desirable but not essential.
- Be sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the Labour Party and be politically aware.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 11 October 2019
Interview: Interviews in person in Wakefield
Start date: As soon as possible
Applicants should e-mail a copy of their CV and a one page covering letter to Sam Airey at email@example.com (latest 5pm on the closing date)
Please note that due to the expected high volume of responses, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
9th October 2019 - The Closing Date has been brought forward from 14 Oct 2019 to 5pm on 11 Oct 2019.