Date Added: 1 October 2019
: 21 October 2019
Job Title: Internship
Working For: Protection Approaches
Salary: Part Time, London Living Wage
Duration: 6 Months
Hours: Part-time, three days a week, with the expectation you will be able to work some evenings and weekends. There is some flexibility but normal working hours will be 10-6.
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and hard-working intern to join our team. This will include carrying out research, contributing to publications, and other communications, monitoring political developments and the media, supporting the varied work of the team, and day-to-day admin tasks.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to some of the most urgent conversations and challenges facing the UK today, to gain experience in event planning, and to develop your research and publication portfolio.
Far more than specific experience or background, we are looking for someone with keen intellect, sharp attention to detail, quick initiative, and genuine commitment to the values of Protection Approaches.
Protection Approaches defends the rights of all peoples in the UK and around the world who are violently targeted because of their identity.
- Be a dynamic thinker and a good problem solver
- Have experience of working in a busy environment, whether behind a bar or for an MP
- Have excellent communication skills, on paper, in person and on the phone
- Have proven research skills and be able to quickly and efficiently synthesise information
- Be organised and able to multi-task
- Be able to take direction well and meet deadlines at all times
- Be able and willing to work hard, including some evenings or early mornings
- Have a keen interest in contemporary politics and citizenship, from the local to the global
- Share the values of Protection Approaches
- Be professional at all times
- Be legally entitled to work in the UK
- Good understanding of the UK parliamentary system and current political landscape
- Good knowledge of UK domestic, foreign, and international development policies
Closing Date: 21 October 2019
Interviews will be held Friday 25th October
Start date: ASAP
We hold the right to make an appointment before the deadline and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
Please visit our opportunities page and complete the application form: https://www.protectionapproaches.org/opportunities-1.html
Return completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any questions about the role please call the office for a chat with one of our team.
We're very sorry but due to the volume of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.