Date Added: 1 October 2019
: 29 October 2019
Job Title: Employed Intern
Working For: Mike Freer MP (Finchley and Golders Green)
Salary: in accordance with IPSA payscales
Mike Freer, Member of Parliament for Finchley & Golders Green is seeking to recruit a part-time constituency based intern (16 hours per week, Thursday & Friday), on a 6 months fixed term contract.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent writing skills and telephone manner;
- Strong organisational and research skills with good attention to detail;
- A positive attitude and willingness to take on a variety of tasks;
- A strong team player but with an ability to use initiative and work independently.
- Draft responses or respond to constituents on any issues raised on behalf of the Member;
- Deal with daily enquiries from members of the public by telephone or in person, taking the appropriate initial action to resolve, document or escalate their concerns or issues;
- Manage some casework, ensuring all cases are logged and updated with any actions taken and outstanding queries are followed up, with urgent and complex cases reported to the Member;
- Ensure cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner;
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports;
- Ensure records of contact with constituents are kept with details of each case by adhering to the Data Protection Act principles and respect the confidentiality of data at all times;
- Undertake general administrative tasks;
- Assist with the work of other colleagues as required and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts;
- Competent use of IT including casework management systems, Microsoft Office package, email and internet to support the above.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 29 October 2019
An appointment may be made before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
To apply please email a CV and covering letter to Caroline Gray at: