Date Added: 2 October 2019
: 10 October 2019
Job Title: Public Affairs Assistant
Working For: The Kennel Club
The primary objective of the Kennel Club is to improve in every way the welfare, health and general wellbeing of all dogs throughout their lives, by means of various research and educational programmes, and our Charitable Trust. The Kennel Club is an organisation committed to promoting and protecting dogs’ varied roles in society and defending the interests of all dog owners.
A vacancy has arisen for a Public Affairs Assistant to support the External Affairs division in their work to further the Kennel Club’s involvement with the Public and Parliamentary Affairs. The ideal candidate will have:
- A University degree
- Interest in Public Affairs work
- Social Media nous, including Facebook and Twitter
- Good organisational abilities
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Proficient in Excel
- Work experience or previous employment in a public affairs environment
- Live within commuting distance of central London
In this position you will assist the External Affairs division in various aspects of their work, which will include administrative duties, media monitoring and arranging events and photocalls with the press.
Duties are likely to include but not be limited to:
- Assist with developing/delivering public affairs strategies and plans.
- To deliver professional public affairs campaigns to the Westminster Parliament, the Scottish Parliament and the Welsh Assembly.
- Promote the Kennel Club generally in parliament and the devolved administrations.
- To manage the Kennel Club’s dog owners group, KC Dog and take forward related local lobbying campaigns.
- To assist in organising parliamentary or related events and attend parliamentary and external meetings as necessary.
- To write regular content for internal publications.
- To upload related content to websites.
- To develop content for the Kennel Club Public Affairs team’s Twitter account.
- To undertake research, correspondence and telephone enquiries.
- To assist in the administration of press facilities and the manning of stands for events.
Closing Date: 10 October 2019
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org