Date Added: 2 October 2019
: 10 October 2019
Job Title: Press Officer
Working For: Louis Stedman-Bryce MEP (Scotland)
In anticipation of a further extension to the Brexit process Louis Stedman-Bryce, Member of the European Parliament for Scotland and active member of the Development and Security and Defence Committees is looking for a press officer primarily working from Mr Stedman-Bryce’s Glasgow office but can on upon request come to Brussels to assist with communications for the office.
This will be a full-time role based out in Glasgow.
This will be a fixed term contract for 6 months with the possibility to extend after that.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Managing the offices external communication with the media and press
- Supervising the offices public relations
- Creating communication strategies
- Being the main media contact for the office
- Assisting the office with press releases
- Monitoring and working on social media activity
- Daily media update
The right candidate will need to have:
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Awareness of the media’s different audiences and sensitivity to how they are addressed
- Good interpersonal skills
- Previous experience would be desirable
- Flexibility, resistance to stress and ability to perform in a high-paced working environment
Closing Date: 10 October 2019
Interviews will be conducted, though we will start interviewing earlier as and when we receive suitable applications.
Subject to a further extension, this role will commence on the 4th November 2019.
To apply for this position, send your CV and a covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Press Officer Position’ as the subject.
Please use your cover letter to explain why you would like to work for Louis with reference to his roles in the European Parliament and your previous media and press related experience.
If you would like any further information, please call David on +3222837122.