Date Added: 3 October 2019
: 1 November 2019
Job Title: Research Assistant
Working For: Civitas
Applications are invited for the role of Research Assistant in the 'Islam and the West' project at Civitas: Institute for the Study of Civil Society.
The ‘Islam and the West’ programme, led by Senior Fellow Ed Husain, aims to answer the question ‘what is the future for Islam in the West?'.
The main role of the post holder is to carry out research on social integration and religion in the UK and internationally under the direction of Ed Husain. Additional tasks will include fundraising and events management as well as copyediting and drafting of reports.
- A Bachelor's degree (2:1 or above);
- A Master's degree OR 2 years research experience post-graduation or other relevant experience;
- Investigative research skills and demonstrable ability to produce high quality rigorous academic research;
- Experience engaging with government, civil society and the media;
- Events management and administrative skills.
- Experience working in a think-tank;
- Proficiency in qualitative and quantitative research;
- Arabic language.
This post is a full time, fixed term appointment for one year.
Closing Date: 1 November 2019
Interviews will be held in the first half of November; the starting date will be 2 December 2019.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put 'Research Assistant 2019’ in the subject line of your email.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted but you will receive a confirmation that we have received your application.