Date Added: 7 October 2019
: 25 October 2019
Job Title: Communications and Campaigns Associate
Working For: Apolitical
Prior experience is not necessary but concrete evidence of the desired skills is. This is likely to be a suitable role for someone of up to 3 years experience, but will vary by individual.
Your key activities will involve:
- (30%) Design and execution of campaigns designed to achieve the companies growth and engagement goals
- (25%) Helping optimise our content for search, including making sure the journalists are formatting their pieces and headlines correctly, trying to get pieces on Apolitical republished, and trying to get external organisations to link to Apolitical
- (10%) Researching policy challenges (the key issues, organisations, people) to support all your growth and engagement activity like generating ideas, writing messaging, finding speakers and participants, and liaising confidently with high profile public servants and academics
- (15%) Writing messaging to communicate the significance of a policy issue in a concise and engaging way, and setting up engaging email communications
- (15%) Ringleading distribution across the company to promote a campaigns - including reaching out to distribution partners, on social media, and engaging our community
- (5%) Tracking and evaluation of your interventions
Who we are looking for -
- Creative - You enjoy thinking of new ways to engage public servants.
- Strategic - Your ideas match the reality of the resources available to you. You can see how others’ work can support your goals.
- Organised and attentive executor and project manager - You enjoy zooming in and executing on multiple projects, as well as zooming out (being strategic).
- Excellent communicator - Your communication is persuasive and compelling. You can credibly communicate with seniors. You are great at working with other teams.
- Data and goal driven - You enjoy assessing the effectiveness of your effort by analysing data.
- Passion -You are enthusiastic about i) building and engaging specific audiences through digital methods, and ii) learning about policy and the public service.
In addition you will develop skills in:
- Using email software, like Hubspot
- Basic coding
- Running effective experiments and build a new function in a startup
- Building online communities
- Public speaking and moderation (through preparing the speakers and moderators, and possibly, in the future leading online events yourself)
Closing Date: 25 October 2019
ASAP - please note that this role may be filled before the closing date