Date Added: 8 October 2019
: 25 October 2019
Job Title: Researcher
Working For: Scottish Conservative & Unionist Party
The Scottish Conservative Research Department provides research, briefing and analysis for the Conservative MSP group.
We are looking for intelligent and motivated people to join the team.
This is a fascinating time to work in Scottish politics: the successful candidates will play a crucial role in holding the SNP to account, developing a positive alternative, and supporting our MSPs through to the 2021 Holyrood election.
Duties will include:
- Researching stories for print, broadcast and online media.
- Producing policy and political briefing for MSPs and members of the Shadow Cabinet.
- Analysing political developments and producing relevant research in response.
- Providing background material for parliamentary debates.
- Assisting with speechwriting as required.
- Assisting with drafting articles for publication, parliamentary motions and questions and legislative amendments.
- Monitoring and analysing public policy developments
Candidates are expected to have:
- Strong communication skills with a fluent, clear writing style.
- Education to degree level (or equivalent) with a 2:1 classification or better.
- Good political judgment and a strong instinct for political stories.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
We value diversity, welcome applications from all backgrounds, and appoint on merit. The successful candidate will be required to undergo standard Scottish Parliament security checks.
Closing Date: 25 October 2019
Candidates will be sifted and invited to interview as they come in so we would encourage early applications.
Please email Chelsea.Rocks@parliament.scot with a CV and cover letter.