Date Added: 8 October 2019
: 31 October 2019
Job Title: Employed Intern - REMOVED
Working For: Rt Hon David Jones MP (Clwyd West)
Salary: In accordance with IPSA payscales
David Jones, Member of Parliament for Clwyd West, is seeking to recruit a Westminster based intern either part-time or full-time (16 hours per week/ 37.5 hours per week).
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent writing skills and telephone manner;
- Strong organisational and research skills with good attention to detail;
- A positive attitude and willingness to take on a variety of tasks;
- A strong team player but with an ability to use initiative and work independently.
- Deal with daily enquiries from members of the public by telephone or in person, taking the appropriate initial action to resolve, document or escalate their concerns or issues;
- Manage casework, ensuring all cases are logged and updated with any actions taken and outstanding queries are followed up, with urgent and complex cases reported to the Member;
- Ensure cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner;
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports;
- Ensure records of contact with constituents are kept with details of each case by adhering to the Data Protection Act principles and respect the confidentiality of data at all times;
- Undertake general administrative tasks;
- Assist with the work of other colleagues as required and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts;
- Competent use of IT including casework management systems, Microsoft Office package, email and internet to support the above.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 31 October 2019
An appointment may be made before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
To apply please email a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
28th October 2019 - This advert has been removed at the request of the original advertiser, as the position has been filled. Please do not apply for this role.