Date Added: 9 October 2019
: 23 October 2019
Job Title: Research Partner (Maternity Cover)
Working For: Fair Play Workforce Ltd (Chwarae Teg)
Salary: £30,214 per annum
The Research Partner will be accountable for providing robust evidence to support our policy positions and project development. This will include:
- Carrying out desk-top and/or primary research to provide evidence for consultation responses, policy positions, media activities and new project development.
- Identifying potential research funding opportunities and coordinating applications/ bids
- Contributing to the development of funding applications with research findings/evidence base as required.
- Contributing to and advising on the development of a research projects delivered both internally and by externally commissioned providers
- Delivering research projects to explore the barriers women in Wales encounter and support the development of effective policy recommendations
- Keeping abreast of research being carried out and working with the Marketing and Participation team and Strategic Communications Lead to ensure dissemination internally and externally of any research that supports our work.
- Presenting research findings in support of our vision to networks/meetings etc.
- Representing the organisation at events and forums to provide expertise on gender equality and related issues
To carry out this role effectively, it is essential that the post holder also:
- Relevant research qualification or experience in a research role
- Has excellent research, writing and presentation skills;
- Proven experience of analysing both qualitative and quantitative data
- Proven experience of working with statistical data sets such as Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings and labour market statistics, extracting, analysing and interpreting data for a wide range of publications
- Has an in-depth understanding of the kind of behaviours and issues that hold women back and is passionate about influencing change;
- Is able to both plan effectively and be flexible when plans need to change to exploit new opportunities;
- Is able to represent the organisation in a way that broadens our influence and encourages others to want to work with us and support us in achieving our vision.
- Is a persuasive communicator in a wide range of mediums, environments and with different audiences, particularly within an academic context.
- Is an effective networker with experience of building and maintaining partnerships with stakeholders.
Closing Date: 23 October 2019
Interview date: Monday 4th November
Start date: 16.12.19 or 6.1.20
This role is offered as a fixed term contract until 2nd October 2020. As this is maternity cover, the length of the contract may be subject to change.
To apply for the role, please visit Chwarae Teg's career page to download the application pack.