Date Added: 14 October 2019
: 14 November 2019
Job Title: Associate Director
Working For: The Whitehouse Consultancy
The Whitehouse Consultancy is a small, dynamic team with clients across the health, food and drink, energy and creative industries. The new Associate Director would thrive in a fast-moving entrepreneurial atmosphere, have a love of politics and a high level of professionalism. We’re looking for someone with substantial experience in public affairs, corporate communications or external relations either in agency or in-house, or with equivalent experience in government or the media.
As Associate Director your responsibilities will include:
- Leading on client accounts: devising integrated communications strategies that meet client business objectives and overseeing their delivery as head of the account team.
- Delivering high-level client outcomes, achieving profitability and account growth with a view to developing a client cluster or leading on a particular policy area. Working with the EU team to identify opportunities across accounts.
- Driving forward new business development, including development and delivery of new business strategies, identifying opportunities for potential clients, and oversight of new business proposals.
- Working as part of the senior leadership team to progress Whitehouse business strategies and meet business targets, playing a central role in training and developing staff and in delivering the Whitehouse marketing strategy.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Significant experience in a political or policy-making role in Westminster, Whitehall, a think-tank, NGO or the private sector.
- Substantial experience of delivering public affairs, media relations and social media strategies.
- The ability to devise and carry out successful political campaigns for the public, private and voluntary sectors encompassing both media relations and public affairs tactics.
- Experience in providing senior counsel to leaders at senior executive and C-suite levels.
- The ability to operate in a collegiate manner and provide high-level and strategic advice and counsel to the Managing Director.
- Desirable: a proven ability to retain clients over the long-term, a proven track record of winning new business and working independently and autonomously in overseeing and managing client accounts.
- Desirable: a passion and expertise in a particular policy area.
Closing Date: 14 November 2019
As soon as possible.
Please submit a CV and covering letter, outlining why you would like to work for The Whitehouse Consultancy and the experience and skills you are able to bring to the role, to Isabella Sharp via Isabella.Sharp@whitehouseconsulting.co.uk