Date Added: 14 October 2019
: 11 November 2019
Job Title: Researcher
Working For: Institute for the Future of Work (IFOW)
The Institute for the Future of Work is looking for an experienced researcher who can demonstrate a successful track record of leading and managing grant-funded research activities, and of report writing. At least three years of research experience in a policy environment is required. They should have broad knowledge of the technologies used in the modern workplace and some of the impacts their implementation has on working practices across sectors.
The Researcher will work with and assist the IFOW team in these areas:
Internal research support
- Focus work to implement the team’s research plan and contribute to the achievement of IFOW’s strategic aims and priorities
- Support the Director and Head of Operations to ensure effective management of IFOW’s research-related programs
- Support and promote the dissemination and implementation of research findings
- Undertake research-related projects to support the IFOW team and wider organisational objectives
- Work with researchers on external projects to agree appropriate methodologies and set research questions
- Co-ordinate the administration of internal/external research work and analyse results
Stakeholder comms and engagement
- Develop collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (including researchers and other research funders) to maximise returns generated from research activities
- Provide information on research to internal IFOW members, members of the public and professionals including via digital channels
- Support and contribute to internal and external events as a representative of the charity including national and international conferences
Monitoring and recording
- Develop detailed targets and key performance indicators for each project
- Monitor performance against objectives, outcomes and KPIs
- Use appropriate methods (in line with team practices) to keep records of stakeholder communications, conversations and scoping for projects with potential research partners
- Record and store research interviews and information in line with IFOW policy
- Track developments in the future of work policy environment and be able to draw up regular bulletin of updates
- Work to monitor and evaluate the impact of funded work across programmes
Closing Date: 11 November 2019
The start date will be agreed with the successful candidate.
The full job description is available here: https://www.ifow.org/vacancies
Please submit a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and do email if you have any questions about the role.
15th October 2019 - The Application Details have been updated.
24th October 2019 - The Closing Date has been changed from 03 Nov 2019 to 11 Nov 2019. The Interview and Start Dates Details have been updated.