Date Added: 17 October 2019
: 15 November 2019
Job Title: Head of Communications
Working For: Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority
Location: Ely, Cambridgeshire
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to become Head of Communications within the Mayor’s Office of the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority.
Your focus will be on leading a communications team within a political, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment. You will have a proactive and flexible approach and be confident in working with political leadership as well as operating at a senior management level.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, your key responsibilities and duties will be:
- Overall management of the communications function of the Mayor’s Office and Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority.
- Lead and develop a communications strategy in collaboration with the Mayor’s office to promote the priorities of the Mayor and Combined Authority.
- Develop and promote effective relations with the government, national and local external media and other stakeholders.
- To manage and develop the communications team to implement the communications strategy and generate proactive communications as well as reactive responses for external media. The requirement to create marketing, public relations, digital, social media and community engagement strategies will also be embedded in the role.
- To work closely with the Mayor’s office to continuously develop the communications strategy, goals and priorities.
To succeed in this role, we need a candidate who has:
- Experience of working in communications in a political environment, with a strong track record of leading a team of communications professionals to effectively deliver strategic priorities.
- Demonstrable evidence of developing and delivering communication plans which build profile and influence and deliver media impact.
- Significant experience of leading media relations in a fast-moving environment, with evidence of successful working relationships with local and national journalists
- Experience of delivery of strategic digital, PR and marketing plans including social media, websites, and other stakeholder engagement activities.
- Relevant degree and experience as a senior communications professional
In return we are offering a highly competitive salary, opportunities for flexible working and entry into the Local Government Pension Scheme.
Closing Date: 15 November 2019
To apply, send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suited to this role to firstname.lastname@example.org