Date Added: 18 October 2019
: 15 November 2019
Job Title: Account Director - Advocacy
Working For: Hanover
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package
Hanover is looking for an experienced public affairs professional to join our growing Advocacy team in London.
The successful candidate will be a senior member of our market-leading public affairs practice which is formed of 30 political specialists who advise some of the world’s biggest brands on UK political and regulatory issues.
We’re particularly keen to hear from candidates with experience in technology and/or digital policy.
Our consultants are policy experts who enjoy becoming genuine extensions of their clients’ in-house teams. We work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment, and our consultants are equally at home in the office, at a pitch or at a networking event.
Our clients include Sky, Microsoft, Facebook, Uber, Goldman Sachs, Premier League, Airbus, Paddy Power Betfair, Camelot, British Beer & Pub Association and Tate & Lyle Sugars.
- Provide strategic advice to clients, write bespoke policy submissions and briefings, and develop your policy specialisms
- Develop close client relationships, lead external client meetings and be the first point of contact across client accounts
- Supervise the delivery of client work on multiple accounts – by running internal account management meetings, reviewing team progress against agreed milestones, monitoring capacity and allocating tasks
- Project manage activities focused on new business development, including marketing event and managing pitch processes
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell services between Hanover teams and offices
- Expand your personal network through event attendance and relationship building
- A policy background in one or a mix of the areas specified above
- Prior public affairs experience within a consultancy or in-house team is desirable
- Excellent knowledge of and a passion for UK politics, with a demonstrable understanding of their impact on business objectives
- Keen networker, with a passion for public affairs and a nuanced understanding of the relationship between business and politics
- Very strong team-working, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- An existing network of either/or business, policy or political contacts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Closing Date: 15 November 2019
The recruitment process is formed of at least 2 formal interviews.
It will also involve a presentation, to be prepared and delivered by successful candidates at final interview stages, as well as a psychometric assessment.
Please click on the following link to submit your resume and cover letter: https://apply.workable.com/hanovercomms/j/4E4639798B/apply/