Date Added: 21 October 2019
: 21 December 2019
Job Title: Policy Researchers
Working For: Westminster Forum Projects
Help produce conferences that help move forward thinking on some of the most important policy issues being examined by legislators, governments and stakeholders.
We are looking for researchers to work on our sector-leading programme of conferences on policy.
Please see our website for further details on currently publicised future conferences.
- Constructive, inclusive, challenging and strictly impartial
- Important occasions for policymakers in governments, parliaments and assemblies, as well as businesses, charity and action groups, professional organisations, academics, and others that are interested in or affected by the issues.
- Demanding but rewarding
- Part of a small team working on all aspects of event production
- Following latest policy developments and news from the sector - and researching issues, possible speakers and contacts
- Drafting agendas and promotional text for the seminars
- Liaising with speakers and chairs
- Attending and contributing to the smooth operation of our seminars and receptions
What we’re looking for:
- Quick learners
- Some solid work experience - in policy, conference production, journalism, public affairs or similar fields
- Bright graduates with exceptional aptitude and professional outlook will also be considered
- Practical focus and passionate about helping achieve our mission of providing policy makers with the context to make best decisions
- Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to assimilate information quickly, identify key issues from a range of stakeholder viewpoints (in line with our core proposition of impartiality)
- Clear, stylish accurate writing is essential
There's a high degree of fast-paced multi-tasking but support from senior editorial staff and rest of the 90-strong team is always on hand.
- Westminster Forum Projects is a market leader in organising impartial, senior-level seminars on public policy
- Based in our lively, friendly head office in Bracknell, Berkshire, with convenient rail and road links, and occasional at conference locations.
- People who work here are encouraged to develop, take on added responsibilities and move up in the organisation.
Closing Date: 21 December 2019
To apply please email your CV and covering letter indicating your current salary and why you believe you would be suitable for the role – email@example.com