Date Added: 22 October 2019
: 22 November 2019
Job Title: Intern
Working For: PLMR Ltd
Salary: Real Living Wage
Following a year of rapid growth within our Birmingham office, including several exciting new client wins, Snapdragon at PLMR is seeking a dynamic Intern to deliver market leading communications and continued growth within the Midlands market.
Snapdragon at PLMR is a specialist planning, property and built environment division within PLMR, working with house builders, commercial developers and investors. Whilst an interest in property, planning and regional economic growth is important, you will also be required to work across PLMR’s wider portfolio of clients – including health and social care, education, energy and technology, so an ability to adapt to a wide range of issues and challenges is vital.
As a Public Affairs and Public Relations Intern, you will assist the Snapdragon at PLMR team in providing high quality services to our clients. You will have a keen interest in public affairs (PA) and in the UK political landscape as well as public and media relations (PR), as well as Planning Communications. In this role you will gain experience of – and exposure to – all the main disciplines of consultancy life.
You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be well motivated and able to work under pressure using your own initiative. You will be able to conceptualise, analyse and write persuasive arguments. You will have a can-do attitude and a passion for achieving results. You will also have an interest in developing your own networks within both political and media circles.
Your role will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Producing policy briefings for PLMR clients
- Liaising with the office of an MPs or Ministers, and drafting letters if required
- Drafting press releases or a set of press releases for a PLMR client
- ‘Selling in’ press releases to journalists
- Compiling media lists in support of a press release mailout
- Supporting PLMR’s planning communications work
- Sitting in on an internal PLMR account meetings
- Involvement in PLMR New Business activities
- Monitoring political events of relevance to PLMR clients and contributing to the work of PLMR’s monitoring team
Closing Date: 22 November 2019
We look at applications on a daily basis and shortlisted candidates will be contacted right away. We may appoint before closing date.
To apply, please visit our website https://www.plmr.co.uk/jobs/intern-birmingham/ and/or email your CV and Cover Letter telling us how your experience and ambitions match this role to Magda Lobodziec at email@example.com