Help produce conferences that help move forward thinking on some of the most important issues in business policy being examined by policymakers and stakeholders.
• Constructive, inclusive, challenging and strictly impartial; and
• Important occasions for policymakers in government, Parliament and regulation, as well as legal professionals and practices, their partners and clients, other professional organisations, charity and consumer groups and academics.
• Demanding but rewarding
• Part of a small team working on all aspects of event production
• Following latest policy developments and news from the sector - and researching issues, possible speakers and contacts
• Drafting agendas and promotional text for the seminars
• Liaising with speakers and our Parliamentary chairs
• Attending and contributing to the smooth operation of our seminars and receptions held in Westminster and elsewhere in the UK
What we’re looking for:
• A quick learner
• Some solid work experience - in policy, conference production, journalism and public affairs
• Bright graduates with exceptional aptitude and professional outlook will also be considered
• Practical focus and passionate about helping achieve our mission of providing policy makers
• Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills
• Ability to assimilate information quickly, identify key issues from a range of stakeholder viewpoints
• Clear, stylish accurate writing is essential
There's a high degree of fast-paced multi-tasking but support from senior editorial staff and rest of the 90-strong team is always on hand.
• The Westminster Business Forum is a division of Westminster Forum Projects, a market leader in organising impartial, senior-level seminars on public policy
• Our work enjoys considerable support from legislators, government, industry and the third sector.
• Based in our lively, friendly head office in Bracknell, Berkshire, with convenient rail and road links, and occasional work in Westminster and other conference locations.
• An expanding organisation with plenty of opportunities for career progression for the right candidates.
• People who work here are encouraged to develop, take on added responsibilities and move up in the organisation.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter indicating current salary/salary expectations and why you believe you would be suitable for the role – email@example.com