Date Added: 24 October 2019
: 11 November 2019
Job Title: Civil Society Affairs Officer
Working For: Embassy of Israel
Salary: £30,000 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a public affairs professional to join the Embassy of Israel’s Civil Society Affairs Department.
The successful candidate will help us build relationships between local authorities, trade unions, the third sector and higher/further education institutions in the UK and Israel.
The role will involve:
- Identifying new civil society partners and opportunities for cooperation
- Planning and managing events, symposiums, and delegations to and from Israel
- Drafting official English language correspondence on behalf of senior diplomats
- Proactively monitoring regional and social media for relevant developments
- Providing insight & analysis for diplomats through verbal & written briefings
The ideal candidate will be also able to demonstrate the following:
- Broad understanding of British third sector organisations, NGOs & trade unions
- Knowledge and preferably experience of local/devolved government in the UK
- Confidence to build and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders
- Diligence, discretion, and ability to conform to strict deadlines
- Research, analytical and organisational skills
This role requires:
- Eligibility to live and work full-time in the UK (visas must be valid for at least 2 years)
- A relevant degree (e.g. law, politics, IR) or commensurate professional experience
- 1-3 years tenure in public affairs, communications, public sector or third sector roles
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to make a positive and tangible contribution to Israel-UK relations
- Job type: Full-time, permanent
- Holiday entitlement: 22 days’ annual leave & extended holiday allowances
Closing Date: 11 November 2019
Interviews and start date to commence as soon as possible.
Please note that we may look to appoint before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Candidates should send a CV of no more than two pages together with a one-page cover letter to HR@london.mfa.gov.il
Prospective applicants are also welcome to direct any questions to this email address.