Date Added: 28 October 2019
: 19 November 2019
Job Title: Public Affairs Officer
Working For: Versus Arthritis
Salary: £31,000 per annum
Location: London, with occasional travel required throughout UK
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Benefits: Read more about what we offer
Contract type: Permanent
Download the job description and person specification from our website.
The Policy and Public Affairs team works to identify the policy changes that are needed to transform the lives of people with arthritis, influence decision-makers through our public affairs work, and mobilise people with arthritis who campaign with us.
This is an exciting time for our team as we introduce the merged charity to public affairs audiences and build on recent successes. This role is instrumental to the charity’s public affairs activities; the Public Affairs Officer will be responsible for delivering a programme of parliamentary events and coordinating our presence at party conferences. The successful candidate will be able to help shape our engagement with MPs, take forward our Arthritis Champions programme, and implement influencing strategies that aim to change the lives of people with arthritis across the country.
• Good experience of working in a public affairs and/or policy environment, including effective delivery of influencing strategies that encompass public affairs, policy, campaigns and/or social media.
• Strong experience of building productive working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• Demonstrable ability to synthesise complex policy information into external-facing briefings and materials for public affairs audiences.
• Excellent organisational skills, with experience of planning and delivering events to a high standard.
• A flexible approach, with the ability to adapt to the needs of the organisation and unforeseen external developments.
• Good attention to detail; consistently produces accurate work and identifies errors.
• Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to adapt style and message for a variety of audiences.
• Good written communication skills; a clear writing style.
• Enthusiasm for the role and commitment to transforming the lives of people with arthritis.
Closing Date: 19 November 2019
First interviews expected: 2 or 3 December in London
Second interviews expected: 11 December in London
To apply you MUST submit:
- a concise, up-to-date CV
- along with a completed supporting statement of no longer than two sides (Word XXKB) demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification available on our website
- Please include where you’ve seen this role advertised
Email your completed application by midnight on the closing date, following instructions on our website